Construction is approaching completion for the condominium and retail conversion of the landmarked 34-story Tribune Tower, located at 435 N Michigan Avenue along Magnificent Mile. CIM Group and Golub & Company have planned the renovation of the tower, built in 1925 in the Gothic Revival style. The Chicago Tribune occupied the building up until it relocated to One Prudential Plaza in 2018. The new plans for the tower include 47,500 square feet of retail in the base, 162 condominiums, and 55,000 square feet of amenities.
Structural work is now topped out with cladding nearing completion for 300 W Division Street, a seven-story mixed-use building at the southern edge of Old Town. The Domain Group is behind the development, whose plans comprise of retail space at ground level, and 89 apartments above. These units will be split with 65 one-bedrooms and the remaining 24 residences as studios. Ground-level parking will also be included, although the number of parking spaces is currently unknown.
Construction is approaching completion for the 50,000-square-foot expansion of the Steppenwolf Theater, located at 1646 N Halsted Street in the southwest corner of Lincoln Park. The new building will feature a 400-seat in the round theater, a dedicated education floor, a sunlit two-story atrium lobby, a wine bar and sidewalk lounge, and a costume shop.
Final exterior touches remain for a three-story climbing gym, the first stage of a larger mixed-use plan by Structured Development known as Big Deahl. Located at 1460 N Dayton Street in Near North Side, the facility will house a new Planet Granite and on-site parking with 16 spaces.
Work is wrapping up for Onni Group‘s Old Town Park Phase Three, a 41-story mixed-use tower located at 228 W Hill Street in Near North Side. The nearly complete development marks the final installation of a masterplan comprised of an additional 31- and 40-story tower, as well as the renovation of the existing nine-story Atrium Village Complex.