The Permit Review Committee, a subcommittee of the Commission on Chicago Landmarks, has approved the adaptive reuse of the former Morton Salt Warehouse Complex. Located at 1357 N Elston Avenue in West Town, the former manufacturing complex is bound by the north branch of the Chicago river to the east, N Elston Avenue to the west, and W Blackhawk Street to the north. The nearest public transportation is the 70 CTA Route accessed at the Division and Elston bus stop, a five-minute walk from the property. The Division CTA L station on the Blue Line is a 13-minute walk away. Blue Star Properties is developing the project in collaboration with R2 Companies.
Ground-level landscaping and other exterior work is rapidly approaching completion at 110 N Wacker Drive, where Howard Hughes Corporation and Riverside Investment & Development have constructed a 56-story office tower in The Loop‘s northwest corner.
Zoning has been approved for a new commercial development at 1200 W Carroll Avenue in the West Loop. The site is located along W Carroll Avenue, between N Racine Avenue and N Elizabeth Street, taking up most of the block on the northern side of the street. The northern edge of the site is bounded by the Metra tracks. The Morgan CTA L station, serviced by the Green and Pink Lines, is an eight-minute walk away. Sterling Bay is in charge of the development of the project.
Permit revisions have been made for a nine-story office building addition at Fulton Market‘s 732 W Randolph Street, where the development will integrate both programmatically and architecturally with an existing six-story masonry office building. The new wing will be owner-occupied by 730 Randolph, LLC.