Renovation permits have been approved for an existing three-story masonry building under the address 1840 W Augusta Boulevard in West Town. The alterations will comprise of an interior conversion from six to eight dwellings, as well as the construction of a new rear porch and basement slab. The permit ownership has been listed under the name “1840 W Augusta LLC Agent Gabe Horstick.”
Renovation work is wrapping up at 226 W Jackson Boulevard in The Loop, where Phoenix Development Partners is converting a former 14-story office building to two Hilton hotels. The classically-styled edifice, originally built in 1904, long served as the headquarters for the Chicago and Northwestern Railroad, and then later as the headquarters for the City Colleges of Chicago. Today it is classified as a national historic landmark, whose exterior is being refurbished and retained in exchange for Class L tax incentives.
Final facade work is approaching the finish line for the condominium conversion of Chicago’s iconic Tribune Tower, located at 435 N Michigan Avenue along the southern end of Magnificent Mile. The 462-foot-tall neo-Gothic tower was purchased by CIM Group and Golub & Company in 2018 as the namesake Chicago Tribune newspaper moved its headquarters to One Prudential Plaza.
Facade progress is rapidly taking shape for 932 W Randolph Street, a redevelopment of a former three-story bank in West Loop‘s Fulton Market. The development involves the re-skin of the existing structure, and a new three-level connected addition that will take on the same design. L3 Capital is the developer behind the 35,000-square-foot project, whose programming will be entirely commercial. Recent reports have confirmed that a new showroom for the electric carmaker Rivian will occupy the building. Last year, L3 Capital received approval to convert the existing zoning designation of the property from C1-2 neighborhood commercial district to DX-5 mixed-use district.
Terrain and landscaping work is taking shape at the foot of New Eastside‘s 83-story Aon Center, where the owner 601W Companies has planned for a major overhaul of the existing plaza and entry area. Located at 200 E Randolph Street, the nearly $7 million undertaking aims to provide a new public space that will serve as a gateway to the 1,136-foot tower, while acting as an extension of the adjacent Grant Park.