Transformation of 932 W Randolph Street continues to progress in West Loop‘s Fulton Market, where developer L3 Capital has planned a re-skin and renovation of a former three-story bank. The project will also include a new three-story addition at the northern end of the property, which will blend seamlessly into the new design.
Preliminary site work can be seen moving ahead for Aon Center‘s plaza renovation, situated at 200 E Randolph Street in New Eastside. The development will serve as revitalized public space and entryway to the 1,136-foot-tall Aon Center, which was originally designed by Edward Durell Stone and The Perkins and Will partnership and completed in 1974. Aon Center’s owner 601W Companies is overseeing the transformation, expected to cost roughly $6.5 million to complete.
The historic “Chicago Tribune” sign has been reinstalled at the rapidly progressing Tribune Tower Residences in Magnificent Mile. Previously occupied by the Chicago Tribune since its initial construction in 1925, the 34-story landmark was sold in 2018 upon the publication’s relocation to One Prudential Plaza. Co-developers CIM Group and Golub & Company are now converting the Gothic Revival icon at 435 N Michigan Avenue to house 162 condominiums alongside retail at the base and a swath of residential amenities.
Work is continuing to progress for the adaptive reuse of an existing art-deco style building at 3115 N Broadway in Lakeview East. With JSM Venture Inc. as the owner, the existing five-story parking garage will have two new stories added and be retrofitted to accommodate ground-level retail and 72 apartment units.
Final facade work is underway for 332 N Michigan Avenue, a three-story mixed-use renovation at the northeast in the corner of The Loop. The building was damaged in a fire last year, requiring extensive interior and exterior repairs. Permits to replace the street-facing facade and renovate the inside were issued in November of 2020 under the name 926, LLC.