Demolition permits have been issued for a three-story masonry building located at 2038 W 18th Street in Lower West Side‘s Heart of Chicago. While it is unclear what the owner PKD Pilsen Enterprises plans to have replace the mixed-use structure, the site’s zoning designation of C1-2 Neighborhood Commercial District would allow for retail at ground level with apartments above. C1-2 also permits a floor area ratio of 2.2, by which any new construction could have the square footage up to 2.2 times that of the site itself.
Construction permits have been issued for a three-story residential building located at 1913 W 19th Street in Lower West Side‘s Heart of Chicago neighborhood. The filing owner Luxehome Renovations has planned three total units, a basement, a three-story rear porch with stairs, and a detached three-car garage with a rooftop deck. The pair of structures will replace an existing 1.5-story residential frame building with a masonry floor located below grade.
Construction permits have been issued for a two-story mixed-use building at 4245 S Wells Street in Fuller Park. The filing owner, listed as Chicago Title Land Trust, plans retail space on the ground floor, with one residential unit above. The new structure is set to replace a currently vacant lot, that was re-designated from B3-1 (Community Shopping District) to Cl-1 (Neighborhood Commercial District) in 2013.
Demolition permits have been issued for a single-story warehouse/office building and an accompanying single-story guard shack, located at 1241 W Division Street in West Town. Lying just across the river from Goose Island, the masonry and frame structures form part of a larger property that is zoned for PMD-2 (Planned Manufacturing District). The owner Peoples Gas has in turn constructed new business facilities on a separate section of this 15-acre plot.
Two separate demolition permits have been issued for 2235 W Roscoe Street in Roscoe Village, where owner Gino Battaglia is planning to remove a two-story masonry mixed-use building in the front, as well as a single-story masonry coach house in the rear.