The Chicago Plan Commission has approved the adaptive reuse of the former Morton Salt Warehouse Complex. Located at 1357 N Elston Avenue, the former manufacturing complex is bound by the north branch of the Chicago River to the east, N Elston Avenue to the west, and W Blackhawk Street to the north. Blue Star Properties is developing the project in collaboration with R2 Companies.
Lamar Johnson Collaborative
With approval from the Community Development Commission, the Chicago Department of Planning & Development has issued four Request for Proposals for sites across neighborhoods in southern and western Chicago, as part of the INVEST South/West initiative. The four sites are located in Bronzeville, North Lawndale, New City, and South Chicago.