The Chicago City Council has approved a mixed-use development at 170 N Green Street in Fulton Market as well as a commercial development at 1132 W Blackhawk Street on Goose Island. Both projects were recently approved by the Plan Commission as well late last month, they will now be able to apply for construction permits and schedule a forthcoming groundbreaking. 170 N Green Street is a joint project from partner developers CRG and Shapack Partners, while 1132 W Blackhawk Street is being proposed by the Mars-Wrigley Company.
Lamar Johnson Collaborative
The Chicago Plan Commission has approved the mixed-use development at 170 N Green Street in Fulton Market. The updated design for the two tower proposal on the site that, until recently housed the Bridgford Foods plant, was presented to the commission in this month’s meeting. The project is being developed by Clayco’s CRG division and local developer Shapack Partners. The team is working with Lamar Johnson Collaborative on the modern design of the upcoming high-rise and recently received approval for their Humboldt Park project.
Updated details have been revealed for the mixed-use development at 3831 W Chicago Avenue in Humboldt Park. The project went in front of the Committee on Design earlier this month where the designers presented their concept to a panel of local architects. The new structure will replace an empty lot and three-masonry clad industrial buildings on the corner with N Avers Avenue. Developer 548 Development was present on the meeting along with designers Lamar Johnson Collaborative, both of which have had previous experience in affordable housing and Invest South/West proposals.
Caisson drilling has begun for the 15-story condominium high rise known as Embry, located at 21 N May Street in West Loop. This residential project by Sulo Development will house a total of 58 for-sale units, ranging from two- to four-bedroom residences and spanning from 1,828 and 5,187 square feet. This 207-foot-tall edifice will replace an empty lot that once housed a two-story masonry building.
New walls, signage, and windows can be seen along the exterior of the former Morton Salt Factory in West Town, where developers R2 Companies, Blue Star Properties, and Skydeck have planned an adaptive re-use renovation. This revamped complex at 1357 N Elston Avenue will house a new entertainment venue inside the main shed, as well as supplementary R&D offices for Morton Salt in the old packaging buildings. Other changes include the removal of the east shed, a new one-story access corridor, and a new food stand within the former garage.