Conversion work is nearing completion for the Phoenix Development Partners project at 226 W Jackson Boulevard in The Loop, where the developer has planned to convert a former 14-story office building into two separate hotels. The original 238,000-square-foot edifice was constructed in 1904 and is classified as a National Historic Landmark. Prior to the conversion, the structure housed the headquarters of the Chicago and Northwestern Railroad, then later the headquarters for the City Colleges of Chicago.
Structural work has surpassed the 25th floor at 300 N Michigan Avenue, a 47-floor mixed-use tower rising in the northeast corner of The Loop. The 400,000-square-foot project is being co-developed by Sterling Bay and Magellan Development Group, whose plans include 25,000 square feet of retail on the first three floors, a 280-key citizenM hotel on floors six through 15, and 289 apartments spanning floors 17 through 45.
Construction is now on the 15th floor of 300 N Michigan Avenue, a 47-story mixed-use skyscraper near the northeast corner of The Loop. Sterling Bay and Magellan Development Group have co-planned the 523-foot-tall tower, which will hold 25,000 square feet of retail, a 280-room citizenM hotel, and 289 apartments on the upper floors when complete.
Zoning has been approved for a mixed-use development at 3440 N Broadway in Lakeview East. The property is located between W Cornelia Avenue and W Roscoe Street and originally occupied by a parking garage that was recently demolished. Optima’s Optima Lakeview development at 3460 N Broadway is directly adjacent to this project site to the north. Rebel Hospitality is the developer behind the proposal.