Three new winners of the city’s Invest South/West initiative have been announced by the mayor in Humboldt Park and South Shore. The three winners are located at 3601 W Chicago Avenue and 4000 W North Avenue in 2908 E 79th Street in South Shore. All together the three proposals represent a $126 million investment in the neighborhoods aimed at increasing the quality of life, adding equitable affordable housing while joining a list of seven past winners of the two-year-old program that are set to break ground soon.
Structural work has reached full height for a new amenity clubhouse, located within the Prairie Shores apartment complex in Bronzeville. Nested between two of the apartment towers, the building will replace former surface parking and reside under the address 2937 S Martin Luther King Drive.
Initial renderings have been revealed for the next phase of the Lincoln Yards mega-development near Goose Island. Developer Sterling Bay has revealed some of the first details for its next building and district for the area just north of The Ally, a life-sciences building which just broke ground marking the beginning of vertical construction of the project. Design firm Skidmore, Owings & Merrill is behind the master planning of the Steelyard district with Gensler as the designer for the buildings including the new mid-rise at 1685 N Throop Street.
Extended funding for the redevelopment of the remaining parcels of the former Cabrini-Green homes has been approved by the Community Development Commission in Near North Side. The first of the two separate vacant parcels just west of downtown, sits north on the corner of N Larrabee Street and N Clybourn Avenue, replacing the recently demolished Near North Career High School. The second parcel just south of the first sits on the northeast corner of W Division Street and N Halstead Street next to a Target that was developed on former housing property as well.
This week, an official groundbreaking ceremony was held for a new eight-story office building known as ALLY, located at 1229 W Concord Street along Chicago’s North Branch corridor. The building will serve as the first step in a much larger masterplan known as Lincoln Yards, set to transform the former industrial zone into a 21st century community.