A caisson permit has been issued for the parking garage portion of a major new warehouse and distribution center in West Town, just west of the river at 1104 N Elston Avenue. This 405-vehicle garage segment will be located at the southern end of the 11-acre property and will connect directly to the new Class A warehouse building via a skybridge. The project as a whole is being developed by Logistics Property Company and designed by Ware Malcomb.
Walsh Construction Company
Chicago YIMBY’s 2022 year-end countdown comes to a close with the city’s current tallest project Salesforce Tower in River North. Located at the confluence of the Chicago River on the famed Wolf Point just west of N Orleans Street, the tower ranked third in last year’s countdown after having started construction during the pandemic in August 2020. Developer Hines partnered with the longtime landowner Joseph P. Kennedy Family on the tower designed by Pelli Clarke Pelli, the firm of the late Argentine-born architect Cesar Pelli.
Quickly rising into the 8th place of this year’s countdown is the mixed-use tower at 160 N Morgan Street in the West Loop. Located just north of famed W Randolph Street in the growing neighborhood, the project recently had its first pieces of facade installed as it grows next to neighborhood stalwart Federales who just announced a Logan Square outpost. Developer Sterling Bay partnered with the Colorado-based equity firm Ascentris, both of which are also working on the 11th place of the countdown 225 N Elizabeth nearby, with bKL Architecture leading the design.
The Victor F. Lawson House, a historic 24-story building at 30 W Chicago Avenue in the Near North Side, has received new windows as part of its ongoing affordable apartment transformation. This 1931 Art Deco tower, one of the tallest buildings in Chicago at the time, was designed by Perkins, Chatten & Hammond.
Directly west of the Chicago River across from Goose Island, a tower crane permit has now been issued for a large-scale distribution center and warehouse. Owned and developed by Logistics Property Company (LPC), the 11-acre site was once home to a Peoples Gas production facility and required extensive rehabilitation following its previous use.