The Chicago Plan Commission has approved a new affordable residential development at 833 W Wilson Avenue in Uptown. Developer Brinshore Development LLC has partnered with Landon Bone Baker Architect, known for their affordable housing designs, for this senior housing project. The new building will replace an empty lot just west of the intersection with N Clarendon Avenue, near the recently approved Sarah’s on Lakeview.
The Chicago Plan Commission has approved a new residential development at 4737 N Sheridan Road in Uptown. The developer behind the project is the non-profit organization Sarah’s Circle with Perkins + Will as the architect on the new structure that replaces an empty lot on the corner with W Lakeside Place. The new facility dubbed ‘Sarah’s on Lakeside’ is only a block away from two other properties operated by the organization.
Since September’s update, structural work has risen by a floor for a new mid-rise building at 4600 N Kenmore Avenue in Uptown. The five-story building has been planned by Cedar St. Companies, whose planned programming will come with 2,500 square feet of ground-level retail and 62 rental units on the upper four floors. The development also encompasses a former bank building located adjacently west. This two-story masonry structure resides under the separate address of 1050 W Wilson Avenue, and will serve as a new performance venue for Double Door Music.
With ground having broken and the tower crane now installed, foundation work can be seen progressing for a new nine-story mixed-use building located at 4611 N Broadway in Uptown. Prior to construction, the site was occupied by a low-rise masonry commercial building, which wrapped up demolition this past spring.
Coming in at 28th is the first renovation project in Chicago YIMBY’s year-end construction countdown, the 13-story former Bridgeview Bank Building, located at 4753 N Broadway in Uptown. Originally known as the Sheridan Bank and Trust Building, the classically-styled edifice was designed nearly 100 years ago by the Chicago-based Marshall and Fox. Four years after its initial completion in 1924, another four floors (and a mechanical penthouse) were added, bringing the final height to 151 feet.