Final facade work is underway for 332 N Michigan Avenue, a three-story mixed-use renovation at the northeast in the corner of The Loop. The building was damaged in a fire last year, requiring extensive interior and exterior repairs. Permits to replace the street-facing facade and renovate the inside were issued in November of 2020 under the name 926, LLC.
Conversion work is nearing completion for the Phoenix Development Partners project at 226 W Jackson Boulevard in The Loop, where the developer has planned to convert a former 14-story office building into two separate hotels. The original 238,000-square-foot edifice was constructed in 1904 and is classified as a National Historic Landmark. Prior to the conversion, the structure housed the headquarters of the Chicago and Northwestern Railroad, then later the headquarters for the City Colleges of Chicago.
Yesterday, the Chicago City Council approved a new zoning ordinance to upzone the property occupied by the Thompson Center, potentially clearing the way for a much taller development. Located at 100 W Randolph Street in The Loop, the 17-story government building was listed for sale earlier this month as the state has begun dispersing its downtown offices to other locations. One such location is the 429,000-square-foot 555 W Monroe Street, where nearly a third of the 3,400 state government employees have relocated.
Structural work has surpassed the 25th floor at 300 N Michigan Avenue, a 47-floor mixed-use tower rising in the northeast corner of The Loop. The 400,000-square-foot project is being co-developed by Sterling Bay and Magellan Development Group, whose plans include 25,000 square feet of retail on the first three floors, a 280-key citizenM hotel on floors six through 15, and 289 apartments spanning floors 17 through 45.