Demolition has begun for the six-story ADM Wheat Mill located at 1300 W Carroll Street in West Loop.
Demolition permits have been issued for a single-story warehouse/office building and an accompanying single-story guard shack, located at 1241 W Division Street in West Town. Lying just across the river from Goose Island, the masonry and frame structures form part of a larger property that is zoned for PMD-2 (Planned Manufacturing District). The owner Peoples Gas has in turn constructed new business facilities on a separate section of this 15-acre plot.
Zoning has been approved for an adaptive reuse development at 4046 N Hermitage Avenue in Ravenswood. Located along N Hermitage Avenue, the project site is located between W Irving Park Road and W Belle Plaine Avenue. A vacant industrial warehouse building currently occupies the site. 4046 N Hermitage LLC is the developer in charge of the project.
Demolition permits were issued last month for a vacant eight-story masonry building, located at 3617 S Ashland Avenue in McKinley Park.
The Community Development Commission has approved the request to advertise and issue a Request for Proposal (RFP) for the purchase and redevelopment of the properties located at 4300 W Roosevelt Road and 4301 W Fifth Avenue in North Lawndale. These lots are located in the Roosevelt/Cicero TIF Redevelopment Project Area, a 531-acre site characterized by industrial buildings and vacant industrial land.