Renovation efforts are underway at the John B. Murphy Memorial Auditorium building, situated at 50 E Erie Street in River North. The six-story structure, recognized for its French Renaissance-style designed by Marshall and Fox, was erected in 1926 for the American College of Surgeons. Featuring a three-story theater space, the building is adjacent to the Driehaus Museum and near the intersection of E Erie Street and N Wabash Avenue.
Construction permits have been applied for with the city for the mixed-use development at 566 W Van Buren Street in West Loop Gate. Sitting on the corner with S Jefferson Street, the project was first announced last year when it received permits for and proceeded with the demolition of two building’s on the site. The Antunovich Associates-designed structure is being proposed by a team made up of Riverside Investment and Blue Star Properties.
The mixed-use tower at 741 N Wells Street in River North is nearing the end of its construction phase, with the last of the facade installation now underway. Developed by Vista Property, the 21-story building spans 201,000 square feet and will feature 168 apartments atop 4,000 square feet of ground-level retail.
The mixed-use development at 741 N Wells Street in River North is edging closer towards exterior completion, with installation of the curtain wall now on the final floor. Developed by Vista Property and set to yield a total of 201,000 square feet, the 21-story building will eventually house 168 apartments above ground-level retail.
Details have been revealed for the renovation of the John B. Murphy Memorial Auditorium at 50 E Erie Street in River North. Located just east of the intersection with N Wabash Avenue and adjacent to the famed Driehaus Museum, the stone-clad structure is well known for its internal performance space and facade which has appeared multiple times in media. Now the museum itself is embarking on the renovations joined by Antunovich Associates and Bulley & Andrews on its design and engineering.