Details have been revealed for a new community center at 1600 S Sawyer Avenue in North Lawndale. Located on the southwest corner with W 16th Street a few blocks west of Douglass Park, the new project will replace a vacant lot and offer neighbors new opportunities. Chicago-based Duo Development is leading the project with Canopy Architecture and McKay Landscape Architects working on its design.
Canopy Architecture + Design
The Chicago City Council has approved a residential development at 1805 N Hamlin Avenue in Logan Square as well as an industrial development at 1237 W Division Street in West Town. Both projects were recently approved by the Plan Commission as well late last month, they will now be able to apply for construction permits and schedule a forthcoming groundbreaking. 1805 N Hamlin Avenue is led by developer Latin United Community Housing Association (LUCHA), while 1237 W Division Street is being proposed by logistics developer LPC Division I.
The Chicago Plan Commission has approved updated plans for the residential development at 1805 N Hamlin Avenue in Logan Square. Located right off of the westernmost edge of the 606 trail, the new project replaces a one-story masonry-clad industrial building at the nexus of Logan Square, Humboldt Park, and Hermosa. Dubbed Encuentro Square, developer Latin United Community Housing Association (LUCHA) is working with Canopy Architecture and Site Design Group on the project, which has received some edits from the last time YIMBY reported on the design.
The Community Development Commission has approved Tax Increment Financing (TIF) funds for a new residential development at 1805 N Hamlin Avenue in Logan Square. Dubbed ‘Encuentro Square’ or meet-up square, is being developed by the Latin United Community Housing Association (LUCHA) with Canopy Architecture and Site Design Group serving as the designers for the multi-building project that was announced last year.
New plans for a fully affordable residential development at 1805 N Hamlin Avenue in Logan Square have been presented to the Committee on Design. Being developed by the Latin United Community Housing Association (LUCHA) and partially designed by Canopy Architecture with the Site Design Group, the new complex replaces an industrial lot being remediated by the city. The site, bought by the city in 2019 and donated to the developer, is bound by N Hamlin Avenue to the west, W Cortland Street to the north, and N Ridgeway Avenue to the east.