Structural work has now passed the first floor for “The Seng,” part of the second phase of Structured Development‘s masterplan known as the Shops at Big Deahl. Located at 869 W Blackhawk Street in the Clybourn Avenue corridor, this new mid rise will yield 34 affordable units, whose future residents will be chosen by the Chicago Community Land Trust alongside the Chicago Department of Housing.
Site prep is now in full swing for the second phase of a three-part development known as The Shops at Big Deahl, located adjacent to Clybourn Corridor. Planned by Structured Development, the completed first phase is a four-story rock climbing gym called Movement Lincoln Park, which wrapped up construction last year. The second stage of the vision, meanwhile, broke ground this past December, and will consist of two mid-rise buildings. Located at 1450 N Dayton Street, this pair of edifices will be 10 and four stories, measuring 117 and 64 feet respectively.
The Commission on Chicago Landmarks has approved preliminary landmark status for the Ludlow Typograph Building at 2032 N Clybourn Avenue in Lincoln Park. Located near the Lincoln Yards mega-development, the 1913 building will be rehabilitated into a mixed-use property by developer Annexation LLC, who recently bought the building for $15 million.
Structured Development has broken ground on the second phase of its mixed-use The Shops at Big Deahl development at 1450 N Dayton Street in the Near North Side. The four-building project, whose first phase recently delivered a three-story indoor rock climbing gym on the easternmost edge of the site, received zoning approval for the remaining three buildings which will be mostly residential with a small retail space and public park also built in the complex. The second phase includes two shorter residential buildings on the north end of the site fronting W Blackhawk Street.
The Commission on Chicago Landmarks has approved the rehabilitation of the Ludlow Typograph Building at 2032 N Clybourn Avenue in Lincoln Park. Sitting on the corner of N Clybourn Avenue and N Magnolia Avenue, the historical manufacturing building will see new life as a mixed-use development by Annexation LLC with designers GREC Architects. The structure and its two acres of land were recently bought from the previous owners for $15 million and sits adjacent to the Lincoln Yards mega-development.