Solomon Cordwell Buenz
Preliminary site work can be seen moving ahead for Aon Center‘s plaza renovation, situated at 200 E Randolph Street in New Eastside. The development will serve as revitalized public space and entryway to the 1,136-foot-tall Aon Center, which was originally designed by Edward Durell Stone and The Perkins and Will partnership and completed in 1974. Aon Center’s owner 601W Companies is overseeing the transformation, expected to cost roughly $6.5 million to complete.
The historic “Chicago Tribune” sign has been reinstalled at the rapidly progressing Tribune Tower Residences in Magnificent Mile. Previously occupied by the Chicago Tribune since its initial construction in 1925, the 34-story landmark was sold in 2018 upon the publication’s relocation to One Prudential Plaza. Co-developers CIM Group and Golub & Company are now converting the Gothic Revival icon at 435 N Michigan Avenue to house 162 condominiums alongside retail at the base and a swath of residential amenities.
Construction is approaching completion for the condominium and retail conversion of the landmarked 34-story Tribune Tower, located at 435 N Michigan Avenue along Magnificent Mile. CIM Group and Golub & Company have planned the renovation of the tower, built in 1925 in the Gothic Revival style. The Chicago Tribune occupied the building up until it relocated to One Prudential Plaza in 2018. The new plans for the tower include 47,500 square feet of retail in the base, 162 condominiums, and 55,000 square feet of amenities.
Exterior construction is now complete for a 13-story mixed-use building at 320 N Sangamon Street in West Loop. A joint effort by Tishman Speyer and Mark Goodman & Associates, the 270,000-square-foot project will house a mix of ground-level retail and office space on the above floors. Office floor plates will vary between 24,800 and 28,200 square feet, while stretching 13 feet from slab to slab.