The Chicago Plan Commission has approved the mixed-use development at 3201 W 31st Street in Little Village. Dubbed the Focal Point Campus, the massive project will be anchored by a new facility for Saint Anthony Hospital and is located just southwest of the intersection with S Kedzie Avenue. Developer Chicago Southwest Development Corporation has partnered with local firm HDR Architecture on the 30-acre, $600 million complex.
Next on our list of Chicago’s Tallest Countdown is Rush University Medical Center’s new 10-story cancer and neurosciences building at 1520 W Harrison Street in the northwest corner of Little Italy. Known as the Joan and Paul Rubschlager Building following a significant gift from the namesake couple, the nearly completed facility stands 179 feet to its architectural pinnacle. Despite this height, planning documents indicate that a future expansion could bring the final height to 205 feet. The structure connects directly to the clover-shaped Rush University main building, with a 150-foot skybridge connecting the two edifices over Ashland Avenue.
The Chicago City Council has approved the rezoning for a new medical building and future expansion at 1400 W Harrison Street in the Illinois Medical District. Bound by W Harrison Street to the south, S Loomis Street to the east, and the Eisenhower Expressway to the north, the building continues the mass expansion of the Rush University Medical Center. This second phase of construction leaves one last approved expansion pad on the land that used to hold student housing, while also extending the campus east a full city block.
Work on the northern garage section is now underway for the Rush University‘s new Joan and Paul Rubschlager cancer and neurosciences building. The 10-story project lies at 1520 W Harrison Street, located in Little Italy directly along the border with the Illinois Medical District. Connecting these two districts over Ashland Avenue, the facility will be linked to Rush University’s main medical building via a pedestrian skybridge.
The Chicago Plan Commission has approved a medical inpatient development at 1400 W Harrison Street in the Illinois Medical District. Located on the corner of S Loomis Street and W Harrison Street, the new acute care hospital building will rise next to the recently completed Joan and Paul Rubschlager building, both of which sit on land once occupied by a student housing complex.