Photos show the ongoing renovation and restoration work at the six-story former Temptation Chocolates Building, located at 1929 S Halsted Street in the Pilsen neighborhood. The 1920’s-era building is clad in a white terra cotta facade in the neo-gothic style.
Final touches are drawing closer toward completion for the second phase of an adaptive reuse project known as Mural Park. The developers Condor Partners, Transwestern, and Chicago Development Partners are converting two four-story masonry warehouses to commercial and office space, while adding a new park space in between. The second phase of this project is the southern of the two buildings, located at 920 W Cullerton Street. Last year, it was announced that the parent company of Blue Cross Blue Shield would lease the entirety of this second building.
Construction has fully completed for PLSN Condos, a four-building mixed-use development at 816-832 W Cullerton Street in Pilsen. Arranged linearly along Cullerton Street, the westernmost building stands three stories, while the remainder are four stories. Planned by Public 2 LLC, the new structures have replaced a formerly vacant lot.
Construction has completed for a new four-story mixed-use development at 2145 S Halsted Street in Pilsen. Developed by Vision Group Investments and situated just north of Halsted & Cermak, the building provides 1,900 square feet retail space on the ground floor, along with six apartments on the upper three floors.
Construction permits have been issued for a new two-story residential building located at 1330 W Cullerton Street in Pilsen. The owner Crisantos Granados plans for three total dwellings, a basement level, and a 355-square-foot private rooftop deck for the second floor unit. As far as parking, there will be three spaces on a concrete parking pad. The development will replace a two-story frame residence that is set back from the street.