A new permit has gotten the green light for a new three-story, six-unit residential building at 1003 W 16th Street in Pilsen. The owner of the project is Parijat Sharma, while the architect is Design 21 Company. Currently the site is home to an overgrown vacant lot surrounded by metal fencing.
Formal details have been revealed for the new framework plan of the large lot at W 18th Street and S Peoria Street in Pilsen. The 6.3-acre plot is one of the largest left in the neighborhood and has been owned by the city since mid-2022, when it bought it for $12 million from its previous owner PMG Investments LLC. Now the city itself with the Chicago Department of Housing (DOH) is proposing a plan led by AECOM along with local firms UrbanWorks and Koo Architecture, as part of a $1 billion being spent on affordable housing.
The Chicago City Council has approved the residential conversion of the industrial building at 1600 S Laflin Street in Pilsen. Located on the southwest corner with W 16th Street next to rail lines famous for the street art along their base, the project will revitalize the vacant foundry structure that stretches almost the full length of the block. Chicago-based developer RP Fox and Associates is leading the proposal along with Mayer Jeffers Gillespie Architects working on its design.
Construction is getting closer to completion or 2010 S Ashland Avenue, a 16-unit affordable residential project in Pilsen. The development will feature eight one-bedrooms, six two-bedrooms, and two three-bedroom apartments. Amenities will include a community room with a library and lounge, on-site laundry, bicycle storage, and an elevator.
Final exterior work is wrapping up on Casa Durango, a five-story mixed-use building located at 1850 S Racine Avenue in Pilsen. The developer, known as The Resurrection Project, has planned for 1,610 square feet of retail and 37 affordable residential units. The project name “Casa Durango” actually embodies two separate construction project, the other being an affordable 16-unit, three-story building to the southwest at 2010 S Ashland Avenue.