The 43-story apartment tower at 900 W Randolph Street in Fulton Market is now one-third of its final height. Developer Related Midwest has planned for a total of 300 apartment units atop ground-floor retail.
Morris Adjmi Architects
The 43-story mixed-use tower at 900 Randolph Street, on track to be West Loop’s second skyscraper, has now surpassed the fifth floor. Under development by Related Midwest, this 495-foot-tall edifice will house a combination of ground-level retail and a total of 300 apartment units.
Initial renderings have been revealed for a new mixed-use development at 1200 W Fulton Street in the West Loop. Located on the corner with N Racine Avenue, replacing a parking lot and three existing one-story industrial buildings, the new complex would deliver three structures designed by Hartshorne Plunkard Architecture with Morris Adjmi Architects consulting on the project. Developer Fulton Street Companies is partnering with Waterton, a local landlord company, and Harrison Street Real Estate Capital among others.
Coming in at ninth place in Chicago YIMBY’s year-end countdown is 900 Randolph in the Fulton Market District. The mixed-use tower marks what is the first of many coming skyscrapers in the neighborhood that will redefine the city skyline and largely expand it west, the structure itself will top out at 495 feet tall, far above anything surrounding it. Developer Related Midwest selected the acclaimed New York-based firm Morris Adjmi Architects for the industrial-style building directly north of famed restaurant row.
This past week, the tower crane has been erected for a new 43-story mixed-use development in West Loop’s Fulton Market District. Planned by Related Midwest and dubbed “900 Randolph,” this 495-foot-tall tower will offer a combination of ground-level retail and 300 apartment units on the above floors. While marketing materials both on-site and on the developer’s website have listed 900 W Randolph Street as the address, a tip to YIMBY indicated that the project would eventually be switched back to its official address, 164 N Peoria Street.