Today, YIMBY takes a look at the newly completed mixed-use high rise at 808 N Cleveland Avenue in Near North Side. Dubbed “The 808 Cleveland,” the 22-story building offers 28,000 square feet of retail and office space along with 200 apartments that are leased and managed by Common. DAC Developments is behind this project, which spans a total of 281,256 square feet and had a development cost of $105 million, according to their website.
Near North Side
Exterior work continues to progress on the Victor F. Lawson House, a historic 24-story building at 30 W Chicago Avenue in the Near North Side. Originally designed by Perkins, Chatten & Hammond and completed in 1931, the former YMCA will be transformed by developer Holsten Real Estate into 408 affordable studio apartments. Since the last article on the project, structural work for the new fire egress and elevator towers has taken shape, while windows and facade restorations continue.
Glass and metal installation is now wrapping up for the 21-story 920 N Wells Street in Near North Side. Developed by JDL as part of the massive North Union megadevelopment, this primarily residential mixed-use building is the first step in what will be a $1.3 billion master plan covering several blocks of land previously owned by the Moody Bible Institute.
Construction on Wendelin Park (formerly known as The Shops at Big Deahl) Phase 2 in Near North Side is nearing its final stages, as Structured Development’s four-building, $250 million project wraps up exterior facade and landscape work. The first phase of the GREC Architects-designed masterplan, a three-story climbing gym called Movement Lincoln Park, is located at the easternmost end of the property. Meanwhile, this nearly-complete second phase is comprised of a small park and three buildings standing 27, 10, and five stories tall.
L3 Capital has recently secured a permit to build a two-story mixed-use property at 1043 N Rush Street in the Near North Side neighborhood. The upcoming project will be located between E Bellevue Place and E Cedar Street, taking the place of the present two-story structure that is home to Carmine’s.