Photos show continued work at 226 W Jackson Boulevard in The Loop, the site of Phoenix Development Partners‘ planned conversion of a 15-story office building into a space for two Hilton hotels. The original 1904 limestone and terra cotta structure was designed by Frost & Granger, and housed offices for both the North Western Railway and City Colleges of Chicago up until its re-designation. As part of the conversion, the developer agreed to rehabilitate the exterior walls of the landmarked buildings in exchange for Class L tax incentives.
Phoenix Development Partners
Work is currently underway on the conversion of the historic 15-story office tower at 226 W Jackson Boulevard in The Loop. The building is the former headquarters of Chicago & North Western Railway and most recently was the headquarters building for City Colleges of Chicago. Located at the northeast corner of W Jackson Boulevard and S Franklin Street, the edifice is across the street from the Willis Tower, formerly Sears Tower. Phoenix Development Partners is in charge of this development, with an estimated development cost of $136 million, which includes the property acquisition cost of $32.7 million.