Final touches can be seen for the redevelopment of the Edith Spurlock Apartment complex in Lincoln Park. With the recent unveiling of “Sheffield of Lincoln Park,” a new six-story addition providing 80 family units, the complex now contains three total buildings. Sheffield of Lincoln Park sits between two existing buildings at 2640 and 2720 N. Sheffield, both of which were originally built in 1965. The CHA and PIRHL are behind the $150 million redevelopment.
Three of the existing walls of the historic Second Church of Christ Scientist in Lincoln Park are now being prepared for integration into a new six-story mixed-use structure at 2700 N Pine Grove Avenue. This project, a collaboration between Ogden Partners and Booth Hansen, aims to preserve a portion of the original Beaux-Arts facade designed by Solon S. Beman.
Foundation work has commenced on a new five-story residential building at 438 W St. James Place in Lincoln Park. Developed by St. James Interest LLC, the project will house four condominium units, each with four bedrooms. Originally planned as a 10-story structure, the design was scaled back in response to community feedback and the limitations posed by the 33-foot-wide site.
A zoning application has been submitted for the upcoming mixed-use tower at 1565 N Clybourn Avenue in the Near North Side. The slender structure would sit on the corner with N Halsted Street, with news on the project breaking late last year. The application was submitted by developer The Georgetown Company for the bKL Architecture designed building.
A renovation project has been approved at 428 W Belden Avenue in Lincoln Park, led by Belden Building II LLC. The project, which was submitted on July 21, was approved on December 22. The estimated budget for the renovation is $1,750,000.