Demolition Permits Issued for 1458 N Wieland Street in Old Town

1458 N Wieland Street1458 N Wieland Street, via Google Maps

Dual demolition permits have been issued for a two-story masonry building and a two-story frame coach house in the rear, both located at 1458 N Wieland Street in Old Town. Owned by Ner Holdings LLC and 1458 N Wieland LLC, the cleared residential buildings will allow for construction of a recently approved five-story residential building. This new development, to be addressed as 1500 N Wieland Street, will contain a total of seven units, as well as three on-site parking spots.

1458 N Wieland Street

1458 N Wieland Street, via Google Maps

Booth Hansen is the architect behind the design, which features a brick facade with ornate windows, balconies, a penthouse enclosure, and a rooftop terrace. As part of the approval, the rear setback was reduced from 30 to 10 feet.

East and West Elevations for 1500 N Wieland Street. Drawings by Booth Hansen

East and West Elevations for 1500 N Wieland Street. Drawings by Booth Hansen

The site lies in the midst of several transportation options. Nearest buses include westbound stops for Routes 9 and 72 at North Ave & Wells and eastbound stops at North Ave & North Park, located a four-minute walk northwest and northeast respectively. Other buses within a 10-minute walk comprise of Routes 22, 36, 151, and 156 to the northeast, Route 70 to the south, and Route 37 to the northwest. Brown and Purple CTA L service is also available at Sedgwick station, a six-minute walk west.

Site Plan for 1500 N Wieland Street. Drawing by Booth Hansen

Residents will also find a plethora of dining options along Old Town’s Wells Street, one block east. The southwest corner of Lincoln Park is also within walking distance, a seven-minute walk to the northeast.

Precision Excavation LLC is behind the demolition. Construction for the replacing structure have been filed, but not yet issued. A full completion timeline is not yet known.

Subscribe to YIMBY’s daily e-mail

Follow YIMBYgram for real-time photo updates
Like YIMBY on Facebook
Follow YIMBY’s Twitter for the latest in YIMBYnews


1 Comment on "Demolition Permits Issued for 1458 N Wieland Street in Old Town"

  1. Something is odd here. The buildings at 1458 have been demolished. The new development is said to have a 1500 address. However, the recent demolition permit for 1500 is for the coach house only.1500 seems to be occupied.

Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published.