Restoration work nears completion of the Holy Trinity Orthodox Cathedral located at 1121 N Leavitt Street in Ukrainian Village. The Louis Sullivan-designed historic cathedral was built in 1903 and is one of two houses of worship he did in his time of practice. The roughly $600,000 renovation will keep the cathedral and rectory going for the next 100 years and is being led by the parish with the Commission on Chicago Landmarks.
Holy Trinity Orthodox Cathedral and Rectory
The Commission on Chicago Landmarks has approved an Adopt-A-Landmark grant for Holy Trinity Orthodox Cathedral and Rectory in Ukrainian Village. Addressed at 1121 N Leavitt Street, the church and rectory building are located on a corner lot at the intersection of N Leavitt Street and W Haddon Avenue.