A demolition permit was issued earlier this week for a two-story multi-unit masonry building located at 5091 W Jackson Boulevard in the Austin neighborhood. The Chicago Jesuit Academy has been listed as the permit owner. At the time of this writing, no future plans appear to have been submitted to upgrade any of the zoning designations for this property.
Alpine Demolition Services
Demolition permits have been issued for a single-story warehouse/office building and an accompanying single-story guard shack, located at 1241 W Division Street in West Town. Lying just across the river from Goose Island, the masonry and frame structures form part of a larger property that is zoned for PMD-2 (Planned Manufacturing District). The owner Peoples Gas has in turn constructed new business facilities on a separate section of this 15-acre plot.
Demolition permits have been issued for a three-story masonry building located at 9837 S Throop Street in Washington Heights. Owned by the Catholic Bishop of Chicago, the building is part of the St. Margaret of Scotland School and is located adjacently north of the main church building on campus. While multiple buildings on campus including the church are landmarked, the building slated for demolition is not and does not require any additional approval to be cleared.