Facade restoration is making headway for the 24-story Old Republic Building, located at 307 N Michigan Avenue in The Loop. The 325-foot-tall Classic Revival office tower was designed by Vitzthum & Burns and opened in 1924 along the newly-widened Michigan Avenue.
Central Building & Preservation
Exterior restoration work of the Old Republic Building is well underway at 307 N Michigan Avenue in the northwest corner of The Loop. Originally designed by Vitzthum & Burns and completed in 1924, the 24-story commercial office and retail building was known as the Bell building until 1956 and designated as a landmark in 2010.