In preparation for the release of Home Sweet Home Alone, a Home Alone sequel now streaming on Disney+, the famed suburban Chicago home will be available for the first time ever on Airbnb. Devin Ratra, who played big brother Buzz in the holiday classic is listed as the host for the McCallister home on December 12th.
Four guests will get the opportunity to relive their favorite scenes and let their inner eight-year-old selves run free for the evening without the interruption of pesky intruders.
According to the Airbnb site, during their stay, guests will enjoy:
- A cozy holiday scene with twinkling lights and a perfectly trimmed tree in celebration of the season.
- Booby traps to set themselves.
- Surprisingly searing splashes of aftershave and ample opportunity to scream into the mirror.
- All the ‘90s favorites their hearts desire, including plenty of Chicago’s finest pizza and a candlelit dinner of microwavable Kraft Macaroni & Cheese.
- A meet and greet with a real-life tarantula.
- A viewing of the film franchise’s newest holiday adventure, Home Sweet Home Alone.
- A LEGO Ideas Home Alone set to take and build at home.
Ratra also made a statement regarding the opportunity reminding us that, “We may all be older and wiser now, but we’re never too old for holiday hijinks,” Buzz said. “So this year, spend the holidays not-so-home-alone at my parents’ house.”
It is unclear who currently owns the house, or how exactly it made its way to this Airbnb listing. According to the Chicago Tribune, the family who owned the property at the time of filming sold it to the current owners in 2012 for $1.5 million.
Subscribe to YIMBY’s daily e-mail
Follow YIMBYgram for real-time photo updates
Like YIMBY on Facebook
Follow YIMBY’s Twitter for the latest in YIMBYnews
Be the first to comment on "Famed ‘Home Alone’ House Available on Airbnb"