The Chicago Plan Commission has approved a two-building mixed-use development located at 1131 and 1135 W Winona Street in Uptown. Located on an L-shaped site, the project is bound by W Winona Street to the north, N Broadway to the west, the CTA L tracks to the east, and two existing buildings to the south.
Cedar St. Companies
The Permit Review Committee, a subcommittee of the Commission on Chicago Landmarks, has approved the adaptive reuse development at 4753 N Broadway in Uptown. Located on the southeastern corner of N Broadway and W Lawrence Avenue, the existing building is the former Sheridan Bank and Trust Building, now named the Bridgeview Bank Building. The Lawrence CTA L station, serviced by the Red Line, is within a two-minute walk. The 36 and 81 CTA bus routes can be accessed at the Broadway and Lawrence stop, directly adjacent to the site.
Exterior work is well underway for the seven-story mixed-use building in Little Italy known as Pilsen Gateway, not to be confused with another building with the same name in East Pilsen. The 202-rental-unit project is a partnership between developers Cedar Street and Origin Investments.
The Chicago Plan Commission has approved a new five-story residential development at 5440 N Sheridan Road in Edgewater. The interior lot sits along N Sheridan Road between W Catalpa Avenue and W Balmoral Avenue. Multiple CTA bus routes, including the 136, 147, 151 lines, can be accessed at the corner of N Sheridan Road and W Catalpa Avenue, within a two-minute walk from the site. The Bryn Mawr CTA L station, serviced by the Red Line, is a seven-minute walk away. Cedar St. Companies is the developer, using 5440 N Sheridan Property Owner LLC as the LLC for the project.